The Rumble of The Rick

The familiar rumble of the rick,
amidst the suffocating blanket of dust
and the deafening noise of traffic
all within a city full of love, and lust.

ceaseless mechanical wonder; the local
chugging incessantly; an unassuming lifeline
the sea of humanity within it; silent, vocal
the city of opposites; slums, opulence and spine.


As the black, endless sea looks over with a puzzled monotony
at the usual maddening crowds and rushing cars
a necklace of lights exposing the city's gaiety and agony
it retreats unto itself after every night, with smiles, scars.

And I cannot but wonder at this maximum city
as a migrant, a hater, a lover, a stranger
where quenching curiosity is an exercise in futlity
for the more I find out, what I know seems lesser!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

uncomfortable questions! (if you are done with celebrating I-Day, then read this!)

Marine Musings- A short story

leaf and life!