Love, lost
No, I tell you,this ain't sorrow
it's true all things seem hollow
feels like an endless plateau, flat
no ups,no downs,a dull, white mat
I pushed you away, you might say
you were perhaps never meant to stay
like a free bird, a scented breeze,
an ephemeral bliss,i could never freeze
No, I tell you,this ain't sorrow
just endless nights and dark morrows
no singing birds, no rustling leaves
no comfy shoulder, on which to grieve
guess it's better this way, for us both
the promise of romance, love's great oath
all hold naught if happiness eludes heart
and in your joy,i shall always find my part!
it's true all things seem hollow
feels like an endless plateau, flat
no ups,no downs,a dull, white mat
I pushed you away, you might say
you were perhaps never meant to stay
like a free bird, a scented breeze,
an ephemeral bliss,i could never freeze
No, I tell you,this ain't sorrow
just endless nights and dark morrows
no singing birds, no rustling leaves
no comfy shoulder, on which to grieve
guess it's better this way, for us both
the promise of romance, love's great oath
all hold naught if happiness eludes heart
and in your joy,i shall always find my part!
Comments
Post a Comment